Pages

Monday, September 7, 2015

Please don't grow up..

Dear Children,

Please don't grow up.

It's awful. It's full of heartbreak and responsibility. It's full of sadness and bad attitudes. It's full of bills and never enough money or time in the day. It's full of arguments and fights that you can't win.

Please, I beg you, don't grow up. Stay little as long as you can. Let me help you, hold you, fight your battles for you. Let me worry about everything in life there is to worry about so that you don't have to.

Smile. Love. Help. Forgive. Laugh. Always laugh. Often and boisterously. Find the humor in everything. Especially when it seems to be eluding you. If there isn't humor, then find the good, the kind, the happy. And hold on to it. Hold on to it with those little hands of yours. Wrap those tiny fingers tightly around it and press it against your tiny chests, absorb it into you. The happy, the laughing, the love. The good. Always find the good. It's there.

Yes, even in growing up.

I suppose being a grown up isn't all bad. There's good. You're a big part of it. All of you. The point before the heartbreak.. that's good. That's amazing. The happy times and the happy attitudes. Those are definitely good, no matter your age. Bills, well, they suck no matter what, unfortunately. They will come every month needing paying and it is my sincere hope that you will have no problem in the world paying them. The days will never get any longer and that sucks, too, so put the hours to good use. Say what you need to say when you need to say it. Do what you need to do when it needs doing. And don't just assume that there's always tomorrow, because, my loves, sometimes, there's not.

Shit. I just went dark again, didn't I?

Well, as I was saying. For me, for now, just stay little. Don't grow up. Not yet.

I love you all always,
xoxo
-Mom

No comments: