Pages

Wednesday, September 23, 2015

What we could have been..

We could have been amazing. We could have been so deliriously happy together that no matter the worst hurdles, we'd have overcome them with grace and smiles. Falling into each other and melding like we know we do.

You told me that you know you could have done more in past relationships to try and make them work.. You also told me that this relationship was different. That it was worth it. That no matter what came our way, we, together, would work through it. We would get through it. And we would come out shining. Hand in hand.

But, it got hard, and you gave up. Again. I guess I should have seen it coming.. but I believed you.

And now, I believe that you're done. That this isn't what's best for you. And as much as it hurts, as much as it kills everything inside of me.. I understand.

I hope that you find everything you want. I hope you find the person that makes life easy for you, on you, and with you. I hope that you find your happy.

Now it's time for me to let go and move on and look for mine. It's out there. I know it is. I'll find it. I know I will. I thought it was you, but, hey, I've been known to be wrong a time or two. turns out it wasn't..and that's ok.

Here's to you, my love. My everything. My forever and ever. You'll always have a special place in my heart. I'll never let you go completely. You have set a standard. Thank you for that. For everything. And for letting me go now, instead of later when it could have been much, much worse.

Here's to me. To moving on. To picking up the pieces and becoming stronger and smarter for it.

I've got this.

No comments: